Remembering My Youth

I don't have much to say on this subject.....the nostalgia is best felt through pop culture of that time......:)

So to you all in your late twenties, early thirties......its a nice feel good post about the 90's today :)






via


Yeah....i DEFINITELY dressed like the girl on the far right!






POGS!!!!! I aware this is a picture of my former pog collection!











DAWSONS CREEK!








Things were truly cheaper too!!

Cost Of Living 1998

How Much things cost in 1998
Yearly Inflation Rate USA 1.55% 
Year End Close Dow Jones Industrial Average 9181 
Interest Rates Year End Federal Reserve 8.25% 
Average Cost of new house $129,300.00 
Average Income per year $38,100.00 
Average Monthly Rent $619.00 
Cost of a gallon of Gas $1.15 
Average cost of new car $17,200.00 
US Postage Stamp 32 cents 
1 LB of Bacon $2.53 
1 LB Hamburger meat $1.40 
Loaf of Bread $1.26 
Dozen Eggs 88 cents 


(I'm assuming the gas was the national average, because I remember $.98....and 5 dollars was more than enough gas!)







Please feel free to add on what you think I may have missed!!! And share your favorite songs, movies, in the comment box below!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments on my posts and I usually respond within 24 hours! Feel free to share whats on your mind right here! :)