It's March !
A magical month for me.
It's the month of my BIRTH ....
It's Women's Month...
and it is also the birth month of an organization that
had still has an
effect on my life!
OH yes.....I was a
I started Girl Scouts when I was about 6 years old. I joined as a Brownie! (Sounds Yummy right?) I still remember the uniform I would wear every Wednesday for our meetings, the
BROWN KNEE HIGH SOCKS,
the little BEANIE, that my dad would
jokingly request to put a pinwheel on it whenever he saw me wearing it,
and my most cherished article,
MY SASH OF BADGES.
Each badge achieved for various reasons:
getting along with others,
learning about other cultures,
and one of my personal favorites....
My inner Girl Scout was fighting her way out this month, and it just needed one excuse!!
My boyfriend has a MAJOR sweet tooth,
and dessert was all he desired one night, but we had
NO ICE CREAM
So what now?
Well I had bananas...those are sweet I thought, but how can I make a
NICE, QUICK and
I thought bananas foster first, but the lack of ice cream and RUM nixed that real quick.
I saw the brown sugar and the semi-sweet chips in my cupboard and at that moment I was transported back to a campground with a bunch of other little girls just like me....sitting at picnic tables learning the recipe for this
UBER EASY TREAT...
Check out this next photo....the little chip is surfing down the side on a
oozing wave of PEANUT BUTTER
( I didn't have marshmallows but the peanut butter was a nice change of taste!)
I also took the liberty to sprinkle some brown sugar and
cinnamon as well!
Recipe is as follows!!:
- Preheat oven to 300
- get out some foil to lay each banana into a square of foil (enough to wrap the banana)
- bananas!!! however many you like!
- an array of toppings:
- if you want to go traditional
- Chocolate chips, marshmallows about a half cup each for every four bananas
- if you want to do it the way I did
- semi-sweet chocolate chips, about a tablespoon of peanut butter (or as much as your heart desires!), brown sugar, cinnamon.
- or go crazy!
- white chocolate chips, caramel or butterscotch chips, marshmallows, brown sugar, powdered sugar cinnamon nutmeg...I can go on, and on, and on!
- Slice your bananas lengthwise (leave on the peel)
- Slather on or sprinkle on your toppings.
- Close it up and wrap up the banana, not too tightly or else the goodies will squeeze out and you'll have an empty banana!
- Pop them into the oven for five minutes, or until nice and melted (chocolate chips make keep the form but will be very glossy when melted)
- Take out when read (REMEMBER TO USE OVEN MITTS), let it cool down, then open up, grab a spoon and ENJOY!!!! :)