Guest Post!!! Summer from Made by Munchie's Mama!!

Hey everyone!!! I want to introduce you to my latest Guest Post lovely today!!! She is a wonderful person, with a beautiful family and she is an amazing mama!! Did I also mention she's a boatload of talent and a busy bee? This girl is all over the social media networks and she has an AWESOME blog conference coming up in JUNE!!! I myself would have been right in the first row for that but the Army just happened to call me to California for the month of June! (SO CLOSE YET SO FAR AHHH!!!)

Anyhow, without further ado, here she is to share with you all!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




My name is Summer and I am the all over the place mama behind Made By Munchie's Mama.
I work, I wife, I mama and occasionally I am just Summer. I have 2
little boys: Munchie who is 2 aka Gavin and Dylie Bear who is 7 months
aka Dylan.  


My
hubby and I are just like every other couple: struggling to find the
work, parent, spouse balance and taking things one day at a time.  On
my blog you will find me writing about
fights I have with my hubby, mama guilt, what I wear on Wednesdays, and stuff they don't tell you about parenthood before you get pregnant.  I also throw a good ole' tutorial around every now and then.



 And speaking of tutorials, here is a quick little project that I wanted to share with you all today.


Here is my tutorial on how to make a cute little trim dispenser from an empty formula canister...hope you enjoy!

 Supplies: clean formula canister {you could also use one of those planter nut mix canisters if you don't have any formula drinkers at your casa}, scrapbook paper, sponge brush and Mod Podge

 I measured my canisters and their lids and cut out rectangles to go around the outsides and circles to cover the lids.  I also designed a cute little label so I knew what was inside.  Then I cut a little slit in the lid for the lace to come out of...I was going to put 2 kinds in the one on the left, that's why there are 2 holes. You only need 1 hole.

 Apply a thick coat of Mod Podge on the entire canister and on the lid and put a thin layer on the paper back.  Lay the paper down and smooth out any air pockets with your hands.  

Then apply 1 more coat over the paper to make sure it sticks on there really well.  It also gives it a nice little shine.  When it's dry take an craft knife of scissors to cut a slit in the paper for your lace to come out of.

 The canister measured more than 12 inches around and the Silhouette only cuts to 12 inches so I just stuck a scrap piece of paper underneath to cover the exposed part.  I actually think it looks super cute like that.
 And there you have it!  A fun and easy project that will make your craft closet a little brighter and more organized!







PhotobucketBLOG * FACEBOOK * SHOP * TWITTER


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments on my posts and I usually respond within 24 hours! Feel free to share whats on your mind right here! :)