March Photo Challenge Day 7 and Easy Peezy Red Potatoes!!

Day 7: Something you wore:

My Old Navy flip flops!!
I love these, they are so comfy, as beat up as they look I will never let them go (unless they break of course) They come with me everywhere, they are my shower shoes, they are my beach shoes and they coordinate so well with a  pair of boy cut jeans with the cuffs rolled up and a white tee! I even have accessories to match! lol 




So tonight I made some mini meatloaf for the daughter and I! But I was wondering what to pair it with.  I needed it to be quick and easy. And I wanted it to be done around the same time as the meatloaf so that the little one can have her dinner.




So why not meat and POTATOES!! :) I had about five red potatoes left so I cut them into quarters and laid them out in an 8X8 baking pan.

In a pyrex measuring cup I melted 1/4 cup of margarine, and in that I mixed the juice of half a lemon, a 1/2 tbs of garlic ( I like a lot of garlic), 1tsp of salt. Then I poured that mixture over the potatoes, then mixing it to cover it nice and evenly. Before I popped the pan into the oven I sprinkled a generous amount of parmesan over them and covered with foil. The oven was set to 375° since I was already baking the meatloaf. So I shoved the pan on a rack underneath the meatloaf and set the timer for 30 minutes. 

After the timer's up remove the foil and let bake for about 5 minutes more or until they get golden. And voila!

We have a side dish!
It was sooo yummy...Garlic...mmmmm and the cheese was really a nice touch since there was parmesan mixed into the ground turkey meatloaf! 



I'd like to add this meal to another Mommy made - baby approved meal!!! YAY ME!!!

As for the meatloaf sauce I just used a 1/4 cup of Ketchup mixed with 2 tbs of Worcester Sauce!



If you try it out let me know! Especially if you put a different spin on it!

2 comments:

  1. Those potatoes sound yummy! I love red potatoes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks me too!!! Something about them just makes me think they are so much more tastier than regular ones!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments on my posts and I usually respond within 24 hours! Feel free to share whats on your mind right here! :)